Postpartum Bath Soak
Yikes… that was intense, right? What better way to heal your body and your mind than with a nourishing and relaxing herbal bath. Our postpartum bath soak is handcrafted using the best healing and relaxing herbs. All of these natural ingredients were thoroughly researched and picked for their maximum benefits. Combined together, they will help to heal the precious skin of your labia and perineum after birth. This soak is also perfect for healing a c-section incision as well as baby’s umbilical stump.
Ingredients + Herbal Uses
- Calendula flower (Calendula officinalis): Antifungal, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory.
- Lavender buds (Lavandula angustifolia): Soothes dry skin and is a natural antifungal. Reduces redness, inflammation, and irritation. Heals minor wounds like burns, cut, scrapes and speeds up the wound-healing process.
- Plantain leaf (Plantago major): A natural anti-inflammatory, anti-irritant, and antibacterial. Has a cooling effect and reduces itchiness during the healing process. Allows the skin to heal faster by boosting the production of new skin cells. Reduces the chance for scarring and aids in the regeneration process.
- Rosebuds (Rosa centifolia): Reduces redness and calms the skin as it is a natural anti-inflammatory. Naturally antibacterial, antifungal, and antioxidant. Rose is naturally fragrant and calming.
- Shepherd’s purse (Capsella bursa-pastoris): Helps to reduce uterine cramping, heavy bleeding and restore hormonal balance postpartum. Improves blood circulation to tissues for faster wound healing. Helps to reduce the swelling and pain of hemorrhoids.
- Yarrow Flower (Achillea millefolium): Combats illness and prevents postpartum fever. Helps relieve uterine cramping and hormone imbalance.
- Epsom Salt (magnesium sulfate): Soothes stretched, dry, and healing skin. Treats minor muscle aches and pains. Reduces swelling and encourages healing to the delicate tissues of the labia and perineum. Encourages circulation and speeds up healing.
- Himalayan Sea Salt: Soothes stretched, dry, and healing skin. Rich in many nutrients and rejuvenates skin.
Instructions for Use
Give the jar a quick flip and gentle shake before opening. This will help to blend the salts and herbs together for a better balance of herbs per bath. Scoop 4 tablespoons of herbs into 1 quart of boiling water. Reduce heat to a simmer and steep for 15 to 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Strain herbs completely from the liquid. Herbs can be composted or disposed of. Pour the infused herbal liquid in a shallow, warm bath. Soak for up to half an hour with or without your little one.
Makes 4 baths. Packaged in a glass jar with wooden scoop. Please repurpose once empty.
*mothers who experienced or have a history with low blood pressure should consult with their healthcare provider as salts can temporarily lower blood pressure*
The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. As with any herbal supplements or remedies, please check with your healthcare provider prior to use. Should you experience any reaction or discomfort while using this product, please discontinue immediately. Safe for use at 48 hours postpartum. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Shelf life of 12 months for maximum benefits.